Valon Amarathar (Wood Elf Ranger 1)
Valon Amarathar lives off the land, an adept ranger and hunter, and a believer in
Leimikki, the Huntress, goddess of the Happy Hunting Grounds. His ethos focuses on a
natural state of the world in the wild, but a state not completely at odds with
Alignment, as a shortcut: TN
||17 (Ranger +2)
||19 (Wood Elf +2)
|Mod + Level
One Unique Thing
The spirits of a previous age whisper in his subconscious. Sometimes, they're louder.
- Positive w/High Druid (1) — the wild is the only true order, nature the only true
law. All things in balance, and there's a lot that needs rebalancing by the sword.
- Conflicted w/Elf Queen (1) — pleased to serve the Court of Stars, but by a permanent
family seat, also knows where some of the bodies are buried.
- Negative w/The Three (1) — that familial permanent seat in the court? Long line
of very successful dragon-slayers.
- World-walker (4) — in his many years, Valon has traveled through countless areas and
survived in all types of terrain, from the snowy wastes of the north to the
hellholes that blight the land, finding ways to utilize any abundant or scarce environment.
Even in the great cities of the Empire, Valon has learned to subsist and thrive on his own.
- Adept Jury-rigger (2) — while not particularly bright or wise, by the Golden Bow,
he's got moxie. Valon has a knack for creating makeshift contraptions and tools for the
- Greenbark Holt Scout (2) — before caught by wanderlust, Valon was a scout, lookout,
and patrol in his home forest. The guard is renowned for their ability to bound from tree
without making a sound, and it is rumored that the greatest of their ranks can make themselves
unseen in any natural area.
Hit Points: 28 hp (inc. adv.); Recoveries: 8; Recovery Dice: 1d8+1; Initiative: +5
Armor Class: 16; Physical Defense: 15; Mental Defense: 10
- Melee: +5 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage; 1 damage on a miss [d12s for damage if harvest was cast]
- Double Melee: +5 vs. AC, 1d6+3 damage; 1 damage on a miss [d10s for damage if harvest was cast]
- Natural even hit or miss: do it again
- Ranged: +5 vs. AC, 1d8+4 damage; 1 damage on a miss
- Elven Grace — start of each turn, roll a die (d6 to start), if equal to or lower
than the escalation die, get an extra standard action that turn; each success bumps the
die up a notch.
- The Huntress's Blessing [Ranger ex Cathedral] — choose a daily or recharge spell of
level or lower from the cleric class, can change spell each full heal-up.
- Default: harvest [hammer of faith] — daily, standard, close-quarters; until the end
of battle, basic melee attacks use d12s as their base.
- Adventurer Feat: can cast heal once per battle.
- Will to Hunt [heal] — close-quarters, quick, 1/battle: myself or ally I'm next to can heal using
- Double Melee Attack — when using two one-handed weapons, can choose double attack
before rolling the attack: weapon die drops a notch, if first attack is natural even, make
a second attack as a free action.
- Lethal Hunter — 1/battle, free action; choose an enemy (or mob of mooks), crit
range on attacks against that enemy expand by 2 for the battle.
- two longswords passed down from his father, not yet important enough to be named
- a hand-crafted longbow, and enough arrows
- some knives, because you always need knives
- well-worn leather armor (light), occasionally repaired or reworked with the hides of beasts
(monstrous or otherwise) he has killed
- twine, some animal fat, extra hides worn as adornment, one bull's horn, various claws and nails,
a bedroll, flint and steel, plants collected from his last time out on the trail, a pendant
proving his Amarathar blood (it emits a high-pitched whine when worn by anyone else, which is
annoying), a blindfold (not sure how he got it either), some candles, a couple torches, tanner's
- 10 gp